How do I find my release program number?
The new versions are available only for customers with a valid service contract or annual warranty.
You can check changes on our customer portal or ask for
HOW TO INSTALL
We recommend update only Palstat CAQ databases, which have a standard structure. If you have added any custom objects (tables, views, procedures, etc.) to your database or connected custom triggers to standard Palstat CAQ objects, we recommend to delete them before the update. Otherwise Palstat company can not guarantee correctness of the update or keeping your objects in the database. We always recommend that you back up your databases before the update.
CAUTION: Significant change of drivers licensing and applications update process
Since versions 2019.03.000 your license files in the CONFIG directory HAVE TO contain a license for each driver you are using. Before deploying the UPDATE, please compare the content of your APL/DRIVERS directory with your valid licenses on our customer portal in the "licenses" section. If you find drivers in the DRIVERS directory (ignore files ANT* a WML*), that are not included in your license card, please contact our company and ask to update the licenses before realization of the UPDATE and AFTER that proceed in the update process.
Each following version will always contain all available drivers, that can be activated at any time by purchasing of their licence.
The installation process of PALSTAT CAQ 3G.
The installation package contains several parts: APL (applications), CONFIG (configuration files), DOC (manuals), SETUP (default data), PRX file (default print reports)
THE DEPLOYMENT OF NEW VERSIONS:
- download the update package from our portal or sent link, downloading from update link is limited by number and frequency (upgrades can be downloaded only three times and once per hour)
- check that the downloaded file is not marked as potentially dangerous and unblock it if necessary, see picture
- after checking the file, unpack it into the temporary directory
- quit PALSTAT on all stations [you can force the shutdown by renaming the file ".../CONFIG/service.lck.bak" to "service.lck" (removing the BAK extension), during the presence of this file programs can not be started and on stations, where it is running, it will be terminated within 60s, users will be informed by a message with the option to save their work and terminate the program, the text of the message can be edited in the LCK file], in exceptional cases it is necessary to close the open files directly on the shared folder on the server
- rename the APL directory to APL.OLDx for example
- rename the SETUP directory to SETUP.OLDx for example
- move the entire content of the temporary folder with the unpacked update package to the PALSTAT's folder, the APL and SETUP directory will be created new and other directories and files will be merged and overwritten for their upgrading
- CHANGED - from version 2019.03.000, directory APL contains all possible drivers, thies drivers can be activate by LICence files. If you have in old version directory .../APL/Drivers or .../APL/SCHEDULER any XML file, you have to move thies files into .../CONFIG/DRIVERS respectively .../CONFIG/SCHEDULER
- unblock PALSTAT's directory by adding the BAK extension back to the LCK file
EXECUTION OF THE UPDATE (it is necessary to perform above each of the databases if you have more than one connected to PALSTAT):
- after uploading new versions you have to run the main module ".../APL/PalstatCAQ.exe" and if you are prompted to upgrade confirm it, only PALSTAT users who have the ADMIN right can run the upgrade
PRINT REPORTS (it is necessary to perform above each of the databases if you have more than one connected to PALSTAT):
- print reports can be found in the PRX file, these are the default PALSTAT's print reports, your custom print reports will not be affected by the update
- import is made from the module "System administration" (".../APL/CaqAdmin.exe"), where is on the tab "Print reports" in the top bar option "Import". If you do not have access to the "System administration" so far, you have to assign it in the module "Users database" at first.
- if you choose to import "Pictures" after opening the PRX file in the "Reports transport" window, do not import pictures "Logo" and "Logo Palstat" otherwise you could overwrite your company logo with our default, if you use it in our print reports
(previously file *.sdf, at present files *.xtab, *.rptx)
- Version 2018.01.000 and higher no longer use the file SDF. The default data are being imported automatically during the database update process from files in the ".../SETUP/" directory (therefore please make sure, before running the update, these files are in the directory).
THIS VERSION DOES NOT SUPPORT MS SQL 2000, INSTALL IT ONLY IF YOU HAVE MS SQL 2008 AND HIGHER. IN SOME CASES CAN BE ON HIGHER VERSION OF MS SQL SERVER ONLY SET TOO LOW COMPATIBILITY LEVEL IN DATABASE PROPERTIES, THEN IS NECESSARY TO CHANGE IT TO THE HIGHEST POSSIBLE LEVEL, SEE PICTURE.
PROGRAMS REQUIRE FOR THEIR OPERATION THE .NET4 FRAMEWORK ON STATIONS. YOU CAN FIND ITS INSTALLATION PACKAGE IN THE SETUP DIRECTORY.
PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU WILL HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR DOUBTS WITH THE DEPLOYMENT OF NEW VERSIONS. ALTERNATIVELY YOU CAN AGREED REMOTE HELP FOR EXAMPLE VIA PROGRAM TEAMVIEWER.